Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Musical Promo

On this Sunday morning, I am sitting, listening to the rain, and am captivated by a recording of "St. Matthews Passion", by J. S. Bach. The recording is courtesy of the Musical Heritage Society, a great place for fantastic classical and jazz recordings (I got a double CD of Benny Goodmann's 1938 concert at Carnegie Hall, not a copy of the vinyl, but complete with songs that had gone missing, with great liner notes). If I could find a link to MHS, I would put it here, because for those who love great music, it is wonderful.
If you have a spare couple hours, I would urge anyone who might have it to sit in a quiet place and listen as Bach moves us to consider the death of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

UPDATE: The link is musicalheritage.com. A must for those who love music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home